Monday, February 27, 2012

A Mumf Field Trip: Visiting The Hi-De-Ho Man

by Odienator
(for all Mumf pieces, click here)

Sorry folks. I've been so behind on the Mumf pieces this year due to illness and other assorted madness. I'll make it up to you by extending the Mumf untll March 10th this year so I can get everything I want in. It'll be worth it, I promise. Tomorrow, I'll be here with a rather controversial take on the first Black Princess in Disney history.

For now, please stomp on over to Roger Ebert's The Demanders Blog, where you'll find Minnie the Moocher, Cab the Bandleader and Odienator the observer. I'm reviewing the PBS American Masters documentary, Cab Calloway: Sketches.  After reading it, check out the documentary on PBS On Demand. It's short--way too short--but enjoyable, especially for fans of the self-proclaimed "Hi-De-Ho Man."

I celebrated Mr. Calloway in my Blues Brothers piece a few years ago. It made perfect sense that he'd be The Blues Brothers' mentor, as Calloway's influence was felt in so many different places. Elwood and Jake sneaking past the cops in time to "Minnie The Moocher" was a perfect visualization of this.

See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

Ghulam Mustafa Mughal said...

Hey there! I've been reading your site for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from How to file bankruptcy in NY! Just wanted to say keep up the good job!

Perth Wedding Photographer said...

Hi Odienator. Wow! Wonder where and who is The Hi De Ho Man. I haven't read or heard a lot from him.

Anonymous said...

fitness centers minnesota



Hi. Wow. What a silly name for a man. But it's so unique though.

Limo Sydney said...

Hello. I wonder if that man really exist. He must live in a far away place.